Among the benefits provided by the consumption of borojó, we have:
- Known as the energy fruit for its B-vitamin content, providing a boost in energy levels for athletes and those looking for an extra daily boost. It is a “natural energy drink”.
- Its high phosphorus content helps protect brain function.
It is high in amino acids and protein.
- It is a natural “Viagra” and aphrodisiac, known as “Love Juice” in the indigenous peoples of Panama, Colombia and the Amazon region.
- Natives have used it for centuries to heal wounds, balance blood sugar, control high blood pressure, regulate blood pressure, relieve menstrual discomfort and bronchial infections.
- It is a source of Niacin (B3), which can help combat symptoms of depression, anxiety and behavioral problems in children.
- It is full of other phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals, which bring benefits to your health.
- It can be used for consumption in the following forms: juice, jelly, sauce, pulp, in alcoholic beverages, ice cream, capsules and extract.
- Fortifies DNA and RNA structures helping in cell regeneration.
- May help with cholesterol problems.
- It is rich in a novel polyphenol compound that may be, in part, responsible for the health benefits attributed to it.
- Research is still underway to determine what health benefits it may provide.
Borojó is among the Connplants products.